Monday, November 14, 2011

Third Trimester

Just hit the third trimester.  It feels good!

Things are going great.  I love being pregnant.  I think I'm much more appreciative of the whole pregnancy process because of all we had to go through to get here.  Not that I'm saying I'm glad we went through everything we went through... but it feels good to be here now.

Baby is great--bouncing all over the place.  We cannot wait to meet him... once he's fully cooked in about 11 weeks!

Nothing much to report.  My weight gain has been strong and steady.  I thought I was going to be a low weight gainer because I eat healthy and exercise moderately, but not so much.  I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow and I've gained over 20 lbs.  Funny enough, it's still mostly just in the tummy (and a little bit in the hips).  Because I was a healthy weight when I got pregnant, my target weight gain is 25-35 lbs.  I'll probably be pushing the upper limit.  But my belly is measuring perfectly, so nothing to worry about.  I plan to breastfeed, so hopefully the pounds will just melt off.

So far only one downer--I have diastasis recti.  (Separation of the ab muscles.)  I guess it's relatively common, but it's still awfully disturbing to get out of bed and see what appears to be a roll of cookie dough bulging under your skin from your belly button to your chest.  (Okay, it's not cookie dough--it's my organs trying to make their great escape.  Not sure that's any better.)  Once baby is born, I'm going to have to work pretty hard to get into pre-pregnancy shape.  Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Other than that, things are good.  We're getting excited for baby's arrival.  We're getting the nursery together and just ordered our baby furniture.  We've done all of our research on all of our baby products.  I've been reading tons of books on babies and sleep schedules and other things.  And I've already started planning out what I want to carry with me to the hospital.

Also, hubby and I have gotten mildly obsessed with the actual birth process.  I never thought I would be a natural birth fanatic, but... well, I think we're getting there.  We hired a doula, have done tons of research on different hospitals in the area, are thinking about delivering with a midwife, and have a pretty detailed birth plan worked out.  I'm scared for the labor but my excitement about finally being a mom will hopefully overrule any nerves on the big day.

Bring on the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment