Sunday, May 15, 2011

Inception

Hello everyone.

This is my first attempt at a blog.  Originally, I was going to call it the "Two Week Wait."  Anyone who's trying to get pregnant knows what that means.  (It's the time between when you ovulate and the time you find out if you're pregnant.)  But that name was taken.  :)  And, frankly, the "Two Week Wait" is not actually the whole story.

As anyone who has struggled with infertility and has finally decided to take the IVF plunge knows, my journey started just a little bit before the day the doctor squirted my hopefully soon-to-be child into my uterus while a room full of people (including my husband) watched on a monitor.  Instead, my story really starts a few years ago.  A little over three years ago, actually.  And I always thought that when my little journey (quest?) was all over (for better or for worse), I'd go out and offer thanks and additional thoughts on all of the blogs and forums that I have turned to over the past few years for information, inspiration, guidance, and a lot more.  Instead, I've decided to put all of my thoughts here, while I embark on my two week wait.... the culmination of my three year wait.

Wish me luck!

P.S.  Please forgive any melodrama.  It IS the first day of the TWW.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment