Monday, June 13, 2011

Heartbeat!

Sonogram today.  (6wks 6days) 

I still don't feel pregnant, so I was preparing myself for the worst.  I was almost crying when the tech started the ultrasound.

My near-tears of sadness turned to tears of joy when I saw the little heartbeat.  It was a black and white image with a quick little flickering.  Dr. said it was a strong heartbeat.  Yay!  At this point, my chance of miscarriage is about 10% and it's almost always a genetic issue that we have no control over.  My odds of success are looking better and better!

They noticed a small bleed / clot, though.  Dr. said it's not uncommon (~30% of his patients have something) but they still want to monitor it.

So I just have to continue the same course of action--meds, no exercise, no sex, no booze (although Dr. did say small amounts of alcohol would be fine after 12 weeks!), etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment