Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Subchorionic Hematoma (aka If it's not one thing it's another)

Had a follow-up ultrasound today.  Was feeling anxious because I STILL don't feel pregnant.  (Although I have noticed a slight rounding of my abdomen.  Baby or too much ice cream?)

Baby is great.  I'm 9 weeks and 1 day, but his crown to rump length was measured at 9 weeks and 2 days.  My little over achiever.  We also saw it moving all over the place--busting a move, if you will.

Unfortunately, the blood clot is still there and bigger than ever.  (3 cm x 2 cm)  AND the doc and ultrasound tech kinda freaked out because not only is the mass still there, it was moving as well.  I.e. I was bleeding during the ultrasound.

As the doc pointed out, any clot was once a bleed.  On the other hand, to actually SEE an active bleed is really, really rare.  Hopefully it just opened up and will stop shortly.  But if a clot is potentially bad news, an active bleed is really bad news.  (Continued bleeding could eventually affect the baby.)

There's nothing that can be done.  For now I am on bed rest.  Technically I'm not even supposed to be on a computer, so I'll keep this short.  I'm going to have it checked again tomorrow.  Hopefully it will no longer be bleeding.

Booo subchorionic hematoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment