Wednesday, August 3, 2011

No more weekly baby pictures

I had my last appointment with the high risk OB last week--it was mostly to do my genetic counseling / testing but also to take one last peek before classifying me as "cured."  It went well.  Doc was basically like, "why are we tormenting you--go home and be normal."  Yay!  I was like, "does this mean I can swim, walk, ride a bike, do yoga, have sex, etc.?"  He says, "yes, but maybe not all at the same time."

Ha!

My anxiousness did not, however, evaporate.  After the genetic testing I spent HOURS reading about results and next steps.  I guess I'm just that crazy anxious pregnant lady.

Anyway, results came back.  1/1500 chance of Downs.  (Good.)  And one in 1/10,000 chance of trisomy 18.  (Great.)  I think (but don't quote me) that my 13w5d measuring fetus had a 1.8mm nuchal fold measurement.  So that's fine.  My blood work was good, baby looked good, etc.  For my age (33 when I deliver) I can't really ask for much more.  I did opt for the second round of blood tests in week 16 for additional certainty.

I think this is the longest I've gone without checking in on baby in over a month.  I'm going to take my slightly rounded belly as a sign things are still going well and try... really try!... to calm down, especially now that I am into my second trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment