Friday, July 22, 2011

Cured! For reals!!!

I. Am. Speechless.  Went to the high-risk OB yesterday for a follow-up on my issue.  Ultrasound tech was so nice.  (I like the tummy ultrasounds MUCH better than the vaginal ones, although my husband correctly complains that the picture quality is not as good.)  Ultrasound tech was like your baby is perfection.  It has a strong nose (unlikely to have Downs), very little fluid behind the neck (unlikely to have other diagnosable cognitive issues), fluid in the tummy (also good), two symmetrical brain halves, etc., etc.  And it's moving all around and growing ahead of schedule--two things babies with restricted oxygen / blood do not do.

AND he couldn't even find anything wrong with me.  He looked all over but could not find any abnormality at all.  What!?!  Shut the front door!  The doc came in and confirmed--my uterus / placenta is perfection.

The bleed (or whatever) appears to have resolved.  [Let's not discuss how this would never even have been diagnosed if I'd been a normal person having my first appointment this week.]  So it probably was just a simple subchorionic hematoma / hemorrhage or whatever and, as all the docs I saw hoped, eventually resolved.  (Although last week the high-risk OB I saw said he expected it would take 3-6 weeks to resolve, not 1 week!)  Not sure WHAT is up with the wonky vascular system, but who cares?!

The high-risk OB was like, there is literally nothing wrong with you, get out of here and start seeing a regular OB.  I've never been so excited to get kicked out of something in my whole life!  Although I do have ONE more appointment there next week (to do the full first trimester screen for potential issues) so they're keeping my activity light until then (no exercise, sex, etc.), although I was okay'd to walk around.  Walking?!  What a treat!

Oh, and did I mention that the ultrasound tech made a prediction on gender?  (Certainly not a sure thing at 12 weeks and 2 days, although he seemed pretty confident even though he warned me not to paint any rooms just yet.)  It's a... secret for now!

U.S.A.!  U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment