Thursday, January 25, 2018

Let them eat cake!

We like this doctor!  25 weeks pregnant today (or slightly less, depending on when I ovulated).  The doctor’s office has my weight gain at 19 lbs (they didn’t start weighing me until I was already like 9 weeks pregnant…. I think my weight gain is closer to 25lbs).  She seemed to think that was totally fine, and that I do not need to worry about epigenetics, and that because I was thin before I got pregnant it’s fine if I’m gaining a little more than would allegedly be ideal.  Aha!  Bring on the cake!!!  (Kidding, a little.)  Belly measuring right at 25 weeks as well.  

She said it’s good to exercise and I should keep it up, and I was fine to go on two trips I have scheduled (one with my guys to Disney world and another one with my mom and grammi to New York).  We talked about inducement, and she said that because I would be delivering under 40, it would be fine for me to go to my due date, although ideally I would deliver just a little ahead of it.  (On it!)  She said that if I were 40, they would not want me going past my due date.  She also said that if I were close to my due date, we could talk about induction, and that if my cervix was already pretty open it probably wouldn’t be that bad because I’ve already had a kid.  But it didn’t sound like she was going to be worried if I went up to my due date.

We also talked about baby’s movement.  She said I was ahead of the curve by already doing kick counting, that it was good that baby was active (and that there’s no such thing as too much movement), and that it’s normal for baby to have periods of quiet.  When I told her my concerns about cord issues, she was very understanding and said something along the lines of, “we’re watching this baby.  We got this.”  That made me feel good.

My next appointment is at 28 weeks for a growth ultrasound, the glucose test (to see if I have gestational diabetes), a blood test to check my platelets/hemoglobin, and I’m going to get some kind of booster shot.

1 comment: