Thursday, April 24, 2014

The times they are a changing

The last time we did IVF was just about 3 years ago.  (As long as it took us to get pregnant the first time!) Because my protocol was successful, I was not surprised that we followed a similar one this time around. But a few things have changed in the IVF world, at least at our clinic:

1. No more progesterone shots. 

For the fresh cycles, they now use suppositories as the standard. Remember how stressed I was for the shots last time? So happy that we don't have to deal with those.

2. Only one day of bed rest after transfer.

Last time it was two days. Not that I'm going out to run a 10k anytime soon, but it's nice that I can shower the day after transfer!

Not really a change in protocol, but a change for me--because of my risk for hyper ovarian stimulation syndrome last time, and based on some of my early estradiol measurements after we started stimming (117 on day 3), the doc cut back on my folistim from 225 units to 150 units.

No comments:

Post a Comment