Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bootie shots

As I mentioned, we decided to change things up last time and use progesterone shots.


Boy, those suck.

My strategy (heat the butt, heat the oil-filled needle, ice the butt, change the needle, do the shot, rub the butt, heat the butt) generally worked.  I had no knots, little bruising, and just some pain.  EXCEPT ONE TIME.  I think we got the shot just out of the perfect zone and got too close to a nerve.  That spot hurt for MONTHS.  It’s getting better every day, but it’s STILL SORE.  Especially when I would exercise, it would just HURT.  Yuck.

We’re doing the butt shots again this time.  Same protocol as before, but we’re trying to be really careful with the placement of the shots.  Interestingly, the needle gauge is smaller this round than my prior round. And yet, it hurts WORSE this time.  The shot doesn’t hurt, but because the needle is so small it takes like 2 minutes to empty the syringe.  And it’s two minutes of PAIN.  Double yuck.

I feel bad for my poor husband too.  As he confessed the other night, “I really hate this.”  Me too, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment