Monday, February 29, 2016

Very strongly pregnant

Okay, ummmm, it worked.  It REALLY worked.  I got the call from my doc’s office this afternoon.  He said I was “very strongly pregnant.”  My HCG at 16dpo was 519.  519.  That’s high.  Higher than my son was, which, as I said just yesterday, I would be thrilled to have.  Much higher than the median self-reported for continuing to heartbeat (which is 282).  Based on studies on HCG measurements, it’s >95% likely for a continuing pregnancy.  That’s like TWINS high.  (Okay, okay, not really.  Let’s not get hysterical here!)  And I thought my crappy little thawed day 6 was going to be a dud!  I threw a multi-day tantrum last week!  Goes to show you never can tell.

Of course, we know that my diagnosis is “unexplained, likely high number of genetically abnormal embryos.”  Yuck.  If that’s true, this could be a ticking time bomb.  For a normal person, an HCG of 519 at 16dpo with a chromosomally normal embryo would be a fantastic sign.  For me… well, we will just take it one day at a time.  But, it implanted.  It stuck.  And it’s still going (or at least was).  And that number is high enough that I am HOPING it’s not ectopic.  I have another blood test on Wednesday to confirm that HCG is doubling.  That should rule out an early miscarriage or ectopic.  Then we just have to make it to neural tube closure.  And heartbeat….  But today, things are as good as they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment