Thursday, July 7, 2011

Arteriovenous malformation? Why not!

Yet another doc appointment.  Doc doesn't think I have pseudoaneurysm like the ones terrifying me in medical articles.  Among other reasons, he pointed out those generally dealt with arteries external to the uterus (ones that could have been affected by trauma) instead of internal ones.  He said my issue is inside the uterus--outside of the placenta.  He thinks it could be congenital like an arteriovenous malformation.  (Also rare.  I've decided NOT to spend this weekend reading about them... maybe....)

We looked at it again--the blood rushing through it is definitely from me, not baby.

Doc said he did not think it appeared like it was at an immediate risk of rupture (and again suggested it might never rupture and instead be squeezed by baby), but still wants me to keep activity light.  I can go back to work (desk job), but no exercise, cleaning, etc.  He also referred me to a high risk OB for a second opinion / further consult.  Awesome!

I left the appointment about as upbeat as I've been since I started this whole process.

Oh, and baby looks fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment