Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No news is good news!

Not much to report today... except I'm 12 weeks pregnant!  Big (arbitrary) milestone.  I'd be feeling pretty good if not for all the medical issues that continue to plague me. 

My fertility doc officially transferred my care to the high risk OB.  I think I was my fertility doc's longest running post-pregnancy patient!  But I wanted to make sure I had the screening testing that takes place between 11 and 13 weeks, so I really needed a full-time OB.  And the high risk OB's office refused to see me beyond my specific referral for a second opinion unless I was transferred to them.  So it was time.

I'm going to miss my fertility doc.  I've gotten attached to him.  And I am NOT excited to start going to a new doctor that I've only met one time.  (And I'm doubly not excited to go to an office that is impossible to make appointments at.  Oi!)  I want to switch back to my regular OB (who knows me really well, helping me with my ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage, etc.) as soon as possible.

Oh, one other good piece of news--I'm FINALLY off of the progesterone!  Not sure how long "normal" patients are on it, but I got the impression I was on it a little longer than normal.  Anyway, I am now--for the first time in MONTHS--taking no meds.  Yay!!!

So next up is check-in appointment with the high risk OB this week to check the bleed (?).  Next week I have a "new patient" appointment and genetic counseling.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment