Friday, February 13, 2015

To ass shot or not to ass shot?

Our stimulation protocol was basically the same this time as the last two times.  We managed to avoid doing progesterone intermuscular shots in all of our prior fresh and frozen rounds.  (FOUR rounds!)  We were one of the first patients at our clinic to do the suppositories back in 2011, and now the standard of care there is to do suppositories for fresh cycles.  (The times they are a changin’.)  But my doctor still likes the shots for frozen cycles and has suggested that because this is our last best effort, and we have not been successful the past few times, maybe we should do them. 
I filled the butt-shot prescription, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to do them.  (I’ve read that the suppositories are just as good as the shots, and I am NOT interested in putting a toothpick sized needle 3 inches into my caboose every day for 3 months if I can help it.)  It was a moot point this cycle, as I was on suppositories just in case we did a fresh cycle, and we did!  So I managed to avoid bootie shots for a FIFTH time.  If this doesn’t work and we end up having a frozen one to use… will I finally take the back door plunge?  We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment