Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Embryo #8

Unlike my other six transfers, we have no pictures of our little embryo for this cycle.  Apparently the company delivered the wrong film to the clinic, so no embryo pictures.  Too bad!

On transfer day, we knew was that our day 6 B3 survived the thaw and was still rated a B3 (the lowest quality rating, which means it looks pretty rough).  We were also told that it was hatching, so that was a good sign.

Per my usual over-curiosity, especially because I don’t even have a picture, I called the embryologist. She confirmed what I already heard, but said the fact that it was hatching is a “fabulous” sign.  She said it re-expanded, which was a good sign, and by the next morning had probably fully hatched and either implanted or would shortly.

I pressed her about her thoughts on success.  She was like, I’m the embryologist, I don’t know the exact stats we keep.  She briefly acknowledged that un-tested B3s have a pretty low chance of success (the clinic’s average pregnancy numbers are less than 20%), but suggested that a chromosomally normal B3 has much higher odds of success. 

Anyway, I know my chances are not great, but they’re not zero either….  And by now embryo #8 has either implanted or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment