Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Update on linings

I threw a fit when I found out my lining was only 7.7mm for this transfer.  I’d read enough to know that with linings, more is generally better, and that’s on the thin side. (http://3yearwait.blogspot.com/2015/11/unlucky-77mm-aka-another-crap-lining.html;http://3yearwait.blogspot.com/2015/11/damn-thin-linings.html

I ended up calling my doctor’s office before transfer to see if I should take more estrogen or do anything else to bulk up my lining.  The nurse was super confused about why I was concerned (“An 8B is good!”) but did ask the doctor.  He got back to me that he was “happy” with where my lining was.  

I was still fretting on transfer day—I asked if they re-measure the lining.  (The answer is no.)  But I was told, again, that an 8B is good.  7.7! I responded.  She said they even do transfers with a 6. 

Well, whatever, I had what I had.  (I will note my husband trusts doctors more than I do, and took the fact that the doctor was not worried as proof that I worry about things that do not matter.  Whatever. I know my truth.)

Here’s an interesting blog entry on endometrial lining, improving the lining quality and thickness, and again noting that above 9mm is better:


Assuming this cycle does not work (not much of a stretch now), we are going to take a long break and work with my acupuncturist to develop a plan to try to build that lining back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment