Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Unlucky 7.7mm, aka another crap lining

I’ve already complained about my thin endometrial linings.  (http://3yearwait.blogspot.com/2015/11/damn-thin-linings.html) And I’ve discussed the importance of a think lining for best chances of success. (http://3yearwait.blogspot.com/2015/02/lets-talk-about-something-we-havent.html)  And, as discussed, having an abortion also contributes to thinner linings:


(You know what I love about this study?  The crap linings for women who’ve had multiple abortions are STILL better than what I generally have.)

I went in today (6 days before FET) to have my lining checked.  I was hoping, hoping, hoping, HOPING that my lining would be 9mm or better for this cycle.  No dice.  I rolled an (un)lucky 7.7 today.  They recorded it as an “8” (round up much?) and seemed surprised by my disappointment.  They assured me they’ll do a transfer with anything above a 6.9 and an 8 is “good.”  Okay, well I don’t have an 8, and I certainly don’t love being just above your threshold for cancelling a cycle.

I called my husband and cried after the appointment.  We briefly discussed whether we should transfer two embryos, as we know our chances of success are just getting lower and lower, but decided not to waste any more embryos on a crap lining.  My second call was to my acupuncturist, who shares my alarm and demanded I come in for a supplemental appointment.  (Originally I was only supposed to see her one more time on the morning the day of transfer.)

FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK.

2 comments:

  1. Do they recheck closer to FET? I feel like my linings always increased significantly in the few days leading up to, in my case, insemination. But I've never done an FET so maybe I'm mistaken? Anyway, fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't recheck, unfortunately. Thanks!

      Delete