Wednesday, October 22, 2014

In the progesterone zone


Oh, did I mention I ALSO have low progesterone?  16dpo it was only at 8.8.  My doc assured me that because of my FET my body’s not producing much of its own yet (probably) so that’s (probably) all from the supplement.  (He basically said that the supplements make the progesterone measurement somewhat meaningless.)  I would freak out about my low numbers, and some of the articles above suggested low progesterone is not great, but progesterone is not nearly as important in predicting pregnancy outcome as the beta (http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(99)00512-9/fulltext).  So I’ll continue to freak out about my low beta, thanks!
Along these lines, my doc likes the intramuscular progesterone, but has allowed me to use the suppositories.  (I’m on crinone now.)  Yes, my progesterone will be lower, but pregnancy rates are thought to be similar on between the shots and the gels (with the gels maybe slightly better?):

No comments:

Post a Comment