Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Crying at my acupuncturist’s office

I skipped acupuncture for my last cycle.  I just did not have the emotional energy to deal with it.  I regret it—everyone agrees acupuncture can actually help success rates in IVF.  (Although I had three failed cycles with acupuncture, so….)  So I started up with my acupuncturist today.  She was pretty unhappy that I only came to see her three weeks before my transfer.  (I was busy!  She was booked!)  She said she wants to see patients at least a month before they start their cycle.  She was also not super happy that I did not take a “break” between my last cycle and this one.  She probed to see if I would just agree to move my cycle back.  When I did not seem receptive to that suggestion (we’ve already started, I just want to be done with this), she sighed and was like, “I’ll do what we can, and you have two other embryos if this does not work out.”  Nice vote of confidence!

I had not seen her since right before my anencephaly diagnosis, so we discussed that briefly.  And of course that started the waterworks. 

Fuck I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment